The center of communication, the throat chakra is located at the bottom of the neck. This chakra rules speech, hearing, self-expression, listening to higher self and grace. The Sanskrit name for this chakra is Vishuddha, which means Purification.
âHamâ or âuâ as in Blue
Communication and creativity
I speak and am heard
Thyroid, parathyroid, throat, mouth, teeth, trachea, neck vertebrae, gums, esophagus, hypothalamus
Self-knowledge, truth, attitudes, hearing, taste, smell
A clear throat chakra brings contentment and a will to experience divine and sexual energies. A person with an open throat chakra is artistic, a good communicator and has great sense of time. Such a person can seek bliss through meditation. An open throat chakra makes a person strong - physically and psychologically.
Excessive energy of the throat chakra makes a person arrogant and talkative. A person with an over-active throat chakra is dominating and looks for partners who can be dominated. An over-active throat chakra comes with addictiveness and high sexual energy.
An unclear throat chakra makes it difficult for us to express our thoughts. A person with a weak throat chakra is quite, timid and scared. Such a person may also be devious and manipulative. The relationships of a person with an unclear throat chakra tend to suffer because of lack of intimacy and communication. A weak throat chakra disconnects us from our spiritual guidance.
Issues associated with a weak or unclear Throat Chakra are:
1. Speech/voice problems
2. Thyroid problems
3. Immune system troubles
4. Throat problems
5. Mouth ulcers
7. Swollen glands
8. Gums/teeth problems
10. Poor metabolism
1. Unwise use of knowledge
3. Lack of discernment
4. Lack of authority
How to balance the Throat Chakra
There are various ways in which you can balance your root chakra to prevent or heal the ailments associated with it.
1. Matsyasana or Fish posture
2. Halasana or The Plough
3. Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand
4. Simhasana or the lion pose
- Liquids in general: water, fruit juices, herbal teas
- Tart or tangy fruits: lemons, limes, grapefruit, kiwi
- Other tree growing fruits: apples, pears, plums, peaches, apricots, etc.
- Spices: salt, lemon grass
Cross your fingers inwards. Touch the tips of the thumbs at the top and pull them slightly up. Chant the sound of âHamâ while concentrating on the throat chakra.
Say the following whenever you can
1. I am able to harness my will power to control addictive influences in my life
2. I am ready to put my negative habits to one side and openly develop my
3. I substitute love, joy, and creative expression for old patterns of addiction
4. I willingly give up (smoking, alcohol abuse, dope, overeating and unhealthy
dieting) to enhance my own creative gifts
5. Love opens the door for me to feel whole and complete
6. Everything I do is an expression of love
7. It is now safe for me to express my feelings
8. I love and trust my creative gifts
9. It is now right for me to express the best of who I am now
10. I release the fear and doubts which block the way to my creative expression
11. I am confident in the healing power of love to open my throat for greater
Gemstones/Minerals, Flower Essences and Scents -
Various minerals, gemstones, flower essences and scents help to stimulate, energize and cleanse the spleen chakra
Gemstones and Minerals: Turquoise, chrysocolla, blue topaz, Lapis, Blue Opal, Aquamarine, azurite, blue lace agate, blue quartz, blue tourmaline, Lapis lazuli, sapphire, sodalite, pearl, carnelian, jasper, bloodstone, hematite, malachite, kyanite
Flower Essences and Scents: Cosmos, Trumpet Vine, Larch,
Essential Oils â
Lilac, patchouli, frankincense
Lavender, patchouli, Clarey sage
2. Listen to music
3. Breathe consciously
4. Look at the blue sky
5. Gargling with saltwater